Wednesday 30 May 2012

Illustrator apple


 


This is how I created my apple on Illustrator. First I created a circle using the shape tool. This created a block outline which would act as the base for my apple.




I then created a gradient which would give the apple another dimension. The graan would be the colour of my apple because it is conventional and the white would show light reflection.



I was then able to use a gradient mesh so I could move different part of the shape and so would be skewed and change direction. This was so I could move the reflection of the light so that it is facing a particular direction. This makes the look of the apple more effective as apples would also shine when light is on them and it would normally be on this part of the fruit. The stalk was also created using the brush tool and selected a brown colour.




Finally, I then was able to create a shadow in the same way that I created the base for my apple, by using the shape to to create a circle. The gradient tool meant that the further you would see into the circle, the more dark it would be and there further out, the more transparent. This would the be arranged so that it is placed behind the apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment